Internet Explorer 11.x Settings for DOCLINE
DOCLINE requires the following browser settings to ensure proper function and to support interaction with PubMed and LocatorPlus. Once the settings have been updated, you will need to close all of your browser windows for the changes to take effect.
Click on the Tools icon and choose Internet options, or if you are displaying the Internet Explorer menu bar, select Tools, then Internet options.
1. On the General tab, click the Settings button in the "Browsing history" section.
The Website Data Settings dialog box will display.
2. On the "Temporary Internet Files" tab, set "Check for newer versions of stored pages" to "Every time I visit the webpage".
3. Click OK.
1. On the Internet Options window, choose Security.
2. Ensure that the "Internet" zone is highlighted and click Custom level.
The Security Settings - Internet Zone dialog box will display.
3. Scroll down to the "Miscellaneous" section. Note: Settings are listed in alphabetical order.
4. Set "Display mixed content" to "Enable". (Required to load the public PubMed or LocatorPlus interface within the secure DOCLINE environment).
5. Scroll down to the "Scripting" section.
6. Set "Active scripting" to "Enable".
7. Click OK.
1. On the Internet Options window, choose Privacy.
2. Click Sites.
The Per Site Privacy Actions dialog box will display.
3. Users must accept cookies from DOCLINE and NIH. Enter "docline.gov" in the Address of website input box.
4. Click Allow.
5. Enter "nih.gov" and click Allow.
6. Click OK.
If you use a Pop-up Blocker, you must allow pop-ups from DOCLINE and NIH.
7. On the Privacy tab, click Settings.
The Pop-up Blocker Settings dialog box will display.
8. Enter "docline.gov" in the Address of website to allow area.
9. Click Add.
10. Enter "nih.gov" in Address of website to allow area.
11. Click Add.
12. Click Close.
1. To turn off the warning messages displayed when moving from DOCLINE's secure environment to a public site, select the Advanced tab.
2. Scroll down and deselect "Warn if changing between secure and not secure mode".
3. Click OK.
1. On the Internet Options window, click OK.
2. Clear your browser's cache, and close all Internet Explorer windows. Relaunch Internet Explorer to begin using new settings.
Last Reviewed: August 3, 2014