AIDS is killing blacks too!, 1989
To combat the myth of AIDS as a “white disease” that mostly affected gay men, this MAP (Minority AIDS Project) poster stressed the disease’s lack of discrimination to a population who may have considered themselves safe from infection.
Publisher(s): Minority AIDS Project
- Enlarge Document
- Read Transcription
AIDS IS KILLING BLACKS TOO!
DOES NOT CARE IF YOU ARE:
- Rich or poor
- Straight, gay or bi-sexual
- Male or female
- Black, White, Hispanic or Asian
- Old or young
- Doing drugs or not
AIDS is a killer !!
- Use Latex condoms (rubbers), that contain (Nonoxynol-9).
- No “rimming” or oral-anal contact.
- Limit your number of sex partners.
- You get AIDS by sexual contact or sharing needles.
- If you have oral sex don’t let your partner ejaculate (cum) in your mouth.
- don’t share sex toys, enema equipment or douching equipment.
- Avoid exchange of body fluids (semen [cum], urine, blood).
- If you shoot drugs DO NOT SHARE NEEDLES.
- Reduce alcohol intake and mind-altering drugs.
- AIDS can be spread sexually from men to men, from men to women, and from women to men.
- Babies can be born with the virus if the mother is infected.
WANT TO KNOW MORE? ASK US:
Contact: MINORITY AIDS PROJECT (213) 936-4949
IN YOUR AREA CALL:
© MAP 1989
- Go to Digital Record