History of Medicine
Images from the History of Medicine (IHM)
Question: How do I use IHM?
In your Internet browser, copy and paste the following URL: http://www.nlm.nih.gov/hmd/ihm/ and then click the Search IHM/Browse Images link. Bookmark this URL for easy access.
IHM opens to the Browse All page. On this page you can:
- Browse all images in the IHM.
- Select Browse Categories under Explore on the menu bar to browse images in categories of What, Where, and Who (See Browsing FAQs).
- Register a new user account, or log in to your current account if you are already registered.
- Conduct searches.
There are four ways to search IHM:
- Keyword searching, use the Search IHM box, located in the upper right-hand corner of the page. For a simple keyword search, type your search term into the box and click the Search button.
- Advanced Search, located beneath the Search IHM box.
- Browse All or Browse Categories, accessible under Explore on the menu bar. (See Browsing FAQs)
- Searching within the data panel of the detail view.
Note: You do not need to register to search images in IHM.
- Related Questions:
- FAQs - Images from the History of Medicine (IHM)