National Information Center on Health Services Research and Health Care Technology (NICHSR)
Serving the Information Needs of the Health Services Research Community
- Aging Population Issues
- Child Health Services Research
- Community Benefit / Community Health Needs Assessment
- Comparative Effectiveness Research (CER)
- Dissemination and Implementation Science
- Domestic Violence -- New
- Evaluation Resources for Assessing HIT Systems and HIT Implementation, Adoption and Use
- Evidence-Based Practice and Health Technology Assessment
- Health Care Reform, Health Economics, and Health Policy
- Health Disparities
- Health Informatics
- Health Literacy and Cultural Competence
- Privacy/Security and Research with Electronic Health Records
- Public Health Services and Systems Research
- Rural Health
HSR General Resources
A to Z Index
- Jan. 27 Event: Implementation of the ACA for People with HIV - Registration for this webinar, being held Wednesday, Jan 27 at 9:30 AM (ET), is open.
- Jefferson School of Population Health Forum - The meetings are held monthly in Philadelphia, PA. Podcasts of past meetings are available.
- JHSPH OpenCourseWare Project
- Joanna Briggs Institute - Based within the University of Adelaide, Australia, the JBI promotes the synthesis, transfer and utilization of evidence by identifying effective healthcare practices to assist in the improvement of healthcare outcomes globally.
- The Joint Commission (TJC), formerly known as the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations - Independent, not-for-profit organization, The Joint Commission accredits and certifies more than 17,000 health care organizations and programs in the US. Joint Commission accreditation and certification is recognized nationwide as a symbol of quality that reflects an organization's commitment to meeting certain performance standards.
- Joint Position Statement: Intimate Partner Violence (2013) - The position statement of the Emergency Nurses Association and the International Association of Forensic Nurses
- Josiah Macy Jr. Foundation Grants - The Foundation provides grant support in areas that include education for the care of underserved populations.
- Journal of Comparative Effectiveness Research (Future Medicine) - Articles published in Journal of Comparative Effectiveness Research cover key areas such as: studies of effectiveness or comparative effectiveness yielding new findings relating to diagnostics, therapeutics, surgical procedures, or other healthcare services or options; systematic reviews of available evidence relating to the pros and cons of healthcare options for specific patient groups including comparative safety; perspectives and debate relating to the performance of comparative effectiveness studies and best practice issues; commentary on both patient-relevant outcomes and economic implications; direct 'head-to-head' comparisons of available diagnostic and therapeutic options - evaluating clinical alternatives with current standard of care; clinical trial commentaries - evaluating and interpreting the findings of recently completed CER trials as well as presenting the design and rationale of newly commenced studies; and pharmacoeconomic studies, health economics and outcomes research.
- Journal of Comparative Effectiveness Research (open access) - This is an international, peer-reviewed open access journal focusing on comparative effectiveness of health care including preventative health care strategies, diagnostic strategies, diagnostic technology, medical devices, drugs, medical technology, health systems and organization.
- Journal of Health Care for the Poor and Underserved - Focuses exclusively on contemporary health care issues of low-income, under-represented, and other medically underserved communities. JHCPU is the official journal of the Association of Clinicians for the Underserved.
- Journal of Health Management - The Journal of Health Management is designed as a forum for exploring major issues of health policy and health management (including population and family welfare) in developing countries with a view to assisting the better implementation of desired changes. It caters to the needs of health policy-makers, health managers, reflective practitioners and action-oriented researchers.
- Journal of Health Politics, Policy and Law - Focuses on the initiation, formulation, and implementation of health policy and analyzes the relations between government and health-past, present, and future.
- Journal of Health Politics, Policy and Law
- Journal of Health Politics, Policy and Law, vol 31, no 1 Feb 2006, focuses on Comparative Perspectives on Health Disparities - Focuses on the initiation, formulation, and implementation of health policy and analyzes the relations between government and health-past, present, and future.
- Journal of Health Services Research & Policy - An e-journal that explores the ideas, policies, and decisions shaping health services worldwide.
- Journal of Public Health Management and Practice (JPHMP) Special Issue on Accreditation - Supported by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, this special issue of the Journal of Public Health Management & Practice (JPHMP) looks at efforts to establish a national voluntary accreditation program for public health agencies and examines accreditation models.
- JSTOR - An online archive of multidiscipline journal articles.
- Justice in Aging - Formerly the National Senior Citizens Law Center, this group seeks to ensure that low-income older adults understand and have access to affordable health care benefits and medicine and that more people receive long term care at home. To achieve its objectives, NSCLC uses advocacy and litigation as well as provides education and counseling to local advocates who work with low-income older adults. This website provides information on topics such as dual eligibles, Medicaid/Medicare, health reform law, health disparities, etc.