National Information Center on Health Services Research and Health Care Technology (NICHSR)
Serving the Information Needs of the Health Services Research Community
HSR General Resources
- Data, Tools and Statistics
- HSR Social Media Resources
- Education and Training
- Grants, Funding and Fellowships
- Guidelines, Journals Other Publications
- Key Organizations
- Meetings and Conferences
- State and State/Local Resources
- Aging Population Issues
- Community Benefit / Community Needs Assessment NEW
- Comparative Effectiveness Research (CER)
- Child Health Services Research
- Evaluation Resources for Assessing HIT Systems and HIT Implementation, Adoption and Use
- Dissemination and Implementation Science
- Evidence-Based Practice and Health Technology Assessment
- Health Care Reform, Health Economics, and Health Policy
- Health Disparities
- Health Informatics
- Health Literacy and Cultural Competence
- Privacy/Security and Research with Electronic Health Records
- Public Health Services and Systems Research
- Rural Health
A to Z Index
All Web sites in alphabetic order
- JHSPH OpenCourseWare Project
- The Joint Commission (TJC), formerly known as the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations - Independent, not-for-profit organization, The Joint Commission accredits and certifies more than 17,000 health care organizations and programs in the US. Joint Commission accreditation and certification is recognized nationwide as a symbol of quality that reflects an organization's commitment to meeting certain performance standards.
- Josiah Macy Jr. Foundation Grants - The Foundation provides grant support in areas that include education for the care of underserved populations.
- Journal of Comparative Effectiveness Research (Future Medicine) - Articles published in Journal of Comparative Effectiveness Research cover key areas such as: studies of effectiveness or comparative effectiveness yielding new findings relating to diagnostics, therapeutics, surgical procedures, or other healthcare services or options; systematic reviews of available evidence relating to the pros and cons of healthcare options for specific patient groups including comparative safety; perspectives and debate relating to the performance of comparative effectiveness studies and best practice issues; commentary on both patient-relevant outcomes and economic implications; direct 'head-to-head' comparisons of available diagnostic and therapeutic options - evaluating clinical alternatives with current standard of care; clinical trial commentaries - evaluating and interpreting the findings of recently completed CER trials as well as presenting the design and rationale of newly commenced studies; and pharmacoeconomic studies, health economics and outcomes research.
- Journal of Comparative Effectiveness Research (open access) - This is an international, peer-reviewed open access journal focusing on comparative effectiveness of health care including preventative health care strategies, diagnostic strategies, diagnostic technology, medical devices, drugs, medical technology, health systems and organization.
- Journal of Health Care for the Poor and Underserved - Focuses exclusively on contemporary health care issues of low-income, under-represented, and other medically underserved communities. JHCPU is the official journal of the Association of Clinicians for the Underserved.
- Journal of Health Management - The Journal of Health Management is designed as a forum for exploring major issues of health policy and health management (including population and family welfare) in developing countries with a view to assisting the better implementation of desired changes. It caters to the needs of health policy-makers, health managers, reflective practitioners and action-oriented researchers.
- Journal of Health Politics, Policy and Law - Focuses on the initiation, formulation, and implementation of health policy and analyzes the relations between government and health-past, present, and future.
- Journal of Health Politics, Policy and Law
- Journal of Health Politics, Policy and Law, vol 31, no 1 Feb 2006, focuses on Comparative Perspectives on Health Disparities - Focuses on the initiation, formulation, and implementation of health policy and analyzes the relations between government and health-past, present, and future.
- Journal of Health Services Research & Policy - An e-journal that explores the ideas, policies, and decisions shaping health services worldwide.
- Journal of Public Health Management and Practice (JPHMP) Special Issue on Accreditation - Supported by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, this special issue of the Journal of Public Health Management & Practice (JPHMP) looks at efforts to establish a national voluntary accreditation program for public health agencies and examines accreditation models.
- JSTOR - An online archive of multidiscipline journal articles.