Divorce is the legal breakup of a marriage. Like every major life change, divorce is stressful. It affects finances, living arrangements, household jobs, schedules, and more. If the family includes children, they may be deeply affected.
- Healthy Divorce: How to Make Your Split as Smooth as Possible (American Psychological Association)
- Helping Your Child through a Divorce (Nemours Foundation) Available in Spanish
- Divorce Matters: Coping with Stress and Change (Iowa State University, University Extension) - PDF
- Divorce Matters: Managing Income and Expenses (Iowa State University, University Extension) - PDF
- Divorce Matters: Visitation Dos and Don'ts (Iowa State University, University Extension) - PDF
- Marriage Counseling (Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research)
- Tips for Divorcing Parents (Nemours Foundation)
Statistics and Research
- National Marriage and Divorce Rate Trends (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
Journal ArticlesReferences and abstracts from MEDLINE/PubMed (National Library of Medicine)
- Article: Associations of military divorce with mental, behavioral, and physical health...
- Article: Family Disruption and Intergenerational Reproduction: Comparing the Influences of Married...
- Article: Divorce and subsequent increase in uptake of antidepressant medication: a...
- Divorce -- see more articles