Clinical Trials Conference Update
LOCATION CHANGE for "Clinical Trials: New Challenges and Opportunities"
All are invited to the 2011 National Library of Medicine/Friends of the National Library of Medicine Conference "Clinical Trials: New Challenges and Opportunities."
The conference will be held June 6-7, 2011. A keynote address and evening activities will be held in downtown Washington June 6, followed by a full day of presentations and panel discussions June 7 at the Lister Hill Center Auditorium (Building 38A) on the National Institutes of Health campus in Bethesda, Md. (Please note new location of June 7 session.)
NLM, part of the National Institutes of Health, is co-sponsoring the event as part of its 175th anniversary celebrations. NIH Director Francis Collins is among more than a dozen speakers representing government, industry, academia, and patient advocacy groups. Conference topics include:
- Clinical Trials Response to Public Health Needs
- The Role of the NIH
- The Role of the FDA
- Moving Towards Transparency in Clinical Trials
- Partnering with Participants in Clinical Trials
- How to Do Clinical Trials Better
- Deciding Which Clinical Trials to Do
- Using Clinical Trials to Improve Patient Care