NLM Seeks Quotations for HIV/AIDS Community Information Outreach Projects 2013
The National Library of Medicine (NLM) is pleased to announce the solicitation of quotations from organizations and libraries to design and conduct projects that will improve access to HIV/AIDS related health information for patients, the affected community, and their caregivers.
Projects must involve one or more of the following information access categories:
- Information retrieval;
- Skills development;
- Resource development; and/or
- Equipment Acquisition.
Emphasis is placed upon the following types of organizations or arrangements for developing these programs:
- Community-based organizations (CBOs) or patient advocacy groups currently providing HIV/AIDS related serves to the affected community;
- Public libraries serving communities in the provision of HIV/AIDS-related information and resources;
- Health departments or other local, municipal, or state agencies working to improve public health;
- Faith-based organizations currently providing HIV/AIDS-related services; and/or
- Multi-type consortia of the above-listed organizations that may be in existence or formed specifically for this project.
Awards are offered for up to $40,000.
Quotations are due to NLM on Thursday, July 18, 2013.
The solicitation for the 2013 HIV/AIDS Community Information Outreach Projects is posted on the Federal Business Opportunities Web site (www.fbo.gov).
Full and Open:
Small Businesses can apply to a specific set-aside:
Primary Point of Contact:
Keturah D. Busey, Business Opportunity Specialist
Secondary Point of Contact:
Robin D. Hope, Contracting Officer
Refer to the Federal Business Opportunities (www.fbo.gov) Web site for notices, updates, and modifications to the HIV/AIDS Community Information Outreach Project 2013 RFQ.
The National Library of Medicine, a component of the National Institutes of Health, is the world's largest medical library.
# # #