NNLM National Network Coordinating Office
NNLM National Network Coordinating Office: Background and Mission
The National Network Coordinating Office, located at the National Library of Medicine, oversees the National Network of Libraries of Medicine (NNLM). The goal of the NNLM is to advance the progress of medicine and improve public health by providing U.S. health professionals with equal access to biomedical information and improving individual's access to information to enable them to make informed decisions about their health.
The NNLM is the core of NLM's outreach program to reduce health disparities and improve health information literacy. Funded by NLM, through cooperative agreements, eight Regional Medical Libraries (RMLs) and five National Offices provide a variety of NN/LM outreach services such as, project funding, training, presentations, exhibits, technology support and other types of public programs.
The RMLs are eight institutions that coordinate health sciences information services regionally. The National Offices serve critical, cross-cutting roles across the NNLM covering DOCLINE, training, evaluation, web services, and public health coordination.
The role of the National Network Coordinating Office (NNCO) is to coordinate the Network’s programs through the RMLs and National Offices, and chair the National Network Steering Committee (NNSC). The NNSC comprises NNCO staff and representatives from each RML and from the National Offices. The NNSC also implements common operational and evaluation processes for programs of the RMLs and national offices. This enables the NNSC and its members to monitor performance differences to identify successful strategies for expansion, and to recommend corrective action when needed.
How to Contact the Regional Medical Libraries
The NNLM is dedicated to making the world's biomedical information available to all U.S. health professionals. If you are a health professional without access to a medical library, the NNLM can help you.
Click on the map for the region you are interested in:
- Region 1: Delaware, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania
- Region 2: Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Maryland, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia, District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands
- Region 3: Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, Wisconsin
- Region 4: Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska, Utah, Wyoming
- Region 5: Arkansas, Louisiana, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Texas
- Region 6: Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Washington
- Region 7: Arizona, California, Hawaii, Nevada and the U.S. Territories in the Pacific Basin
- Region 8: Connecticut, Massachusetts, Maine, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont
NNLM National Offices:
NNLM Network Office Directory
National Network of Libraries of Medicine, National Network Coordinating Office
National Library of Medicine
8600 Rockville Pike
Building 38, Room B1-E03
Bethesda, MD 20894
Dianne Babski, Acting Head, Project Scientist
Renee Bougard, Project Scientist
Lisa M. Boyd, Project Scientist
Margaret McGhee, Project Scientist