MedPrint – Medical Serials Print Preservation Program
In 2011, the Network of the National of Library of Medicine (NNLM) and the National Library of Medicine (NLM) agreed to establish a voluntary national cooperative program to ensure the preservation of and continued access to the literature through a national cooperative medical serials print retention program (MedPrint).
In consultation with the Regional Medical Libraries, NLM initially identified approximately 250 [Abridged Index Medicus® (AIM)/PubMed Central® (PMC)] journals as the primary set of materials to preserve in print. At that time, libraries could commit to retain titles beyond the initial list; however, they would not be part of the program.
For background information about the print retention program, see the Technical Bulletin article.
- MedPrint Title List - the serials initially selected as the primary set of materials to preserve in print format
- Arranged alphabetically by current title (grouped with preceding titles)
- Arranged alphabetically by title
- Download title list (You may need to download the Microsoft Excel Viewer in order to open, view and print this file)
- Title reports
- MedPrint Agreement - formal agreement between NLM and participating libraries, including instructions for participation
Last Reviewed: August 18, 2020