NLM Reading Rooms Conduct Policies
The National Library of Medicine (NLM) is a research library. We ask all Reading Room visitors to:
- Display your NIH visitor pass at all times.
- Handle NLM materials carefully.
- Scan all library materials gently and only use NLM-provided equipment.
- Do not use sticky notes on library materials.
- Use AV equipment to view NLM materials only.
- Leave doorways, aisles, and spaces between tables or carrels free.
- Request permission before taking photos and follow the NLM Reading Room Policy on Photography Requests.
- Use furniture or equipment appropriately.
Please be considerate of your fellow visitors:
- Eat and drink outside of the Reading Room.
- Watch your children at all times.
- Use your cell phones outside the Reading Room.
- Use your electronic devices at volumes that can't be heard by others.