NLM Scholar Study Rooms
Scholar study rooms are available for approved researchers using the Library's collections on a limited basis. The approval order for use of the scholar study rooms is:
- NLM Scholars-in-Residence
- Fogarty Scholars
- NIH Visiting Fellows, Visiting Scientists, and Guest Workers
- Others engaged in health-related research or preparing health-related publications:
- U.S. Government personnel engaged in official projects
- Health professionals engaged in specific projects
- Authors preparing manuscripts with publication deadlines
Time Period for Room Assignments
Study rooms are assigned for a period appropriate to the researcher's need but usually does not exceed six months. If additional time is required, requests will be reviewed for possible renewal.
Researchers have access to the scholar study rooms from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. You may have telephones installed for your personal use by arrangement with the Chief, Office of Administrative Management Services. You are responsible for all expenses related to the installation, removal, and servicing of your telephone.
Researchers cannot remove library materials from Building 38 without the prior permission from the Library. NLM is not responsible for personal property stored in your Scholar Study.
You may submit an application (doc) to:
National Library of Medicine
Public Services Division
Office of the Chief
8600 Rockville Pike
Building 38/Room 1S33
Bethesda, MD 20894