Unified Medical Language System® (UMLS®)
2009AB ICD-9-CM Entry Terms Source Information
|DISEASE OR SYNDROME
|INJURY OR POISONING
|THERAPEUTIC OR PREVENTIVE PROCEDURE
|MENTAL OR BEHAVIORAL DYSFUNCTION
|PHENOMENON OR PROCESS
|SIGN OR SYMPTOM
|HUMAN-CAUSED PHENOMENON OR PROCESS
- Semantic Types are a set of 135 broad subject areas that provide a consistent categorization of concepts represented in the Metathesaurus. Semantic Types are arranged into two mutually exclusive hierarchies, Entity and Event.
- Semantic Types help summarize the content of a source.
- Each Metathesaurus concept is assigned at least one semantic type, many have more than one.
- The report displays the most frequently assigned semantic types in descending order, up to a total of 1%.
- The 'Count' field below is the number of concepts assigned a specific semantic type and containing at least one atom from the source.
- The 'Percentage' field below is the count relative to the total number of concepts that contain an atom from that source.
- The MRSTY file contains one row for each Semantic Type assigned to each concept. All Metathesaurus concepts have at least one entry in this file.
- See UMLS Documentation, Section 3, Semantic Network