2012AB National Drug File Source Information
|AMINO ACID, PEPTIDE, OR PROTEIN||620||2.2|
|INDICATOR, REAGENT, OR DIAGNOSTIC AID||526||1.9|
|DRUG DELIVERY DEVICE||330||1.2|
|BIOMEDICAL OR DENTAL MATERIAL||279||1|
- Semantic Types are a set of broad subject areas that provide a consistent categorization of concepts represented in the Metathesaurus. Semantic Types are arranged into two mutually exclusive hierarchies, Entity and Event.
- Semantic Types help summarize the content of a source.
- Each Metathesaurus concept is assigned at least one semantic type, many have more than one.
- The report displays the most frequently assigned semantic types in descending order, up to a total of 1%.
- The 'Count' field below is the number of concepts assigned a specific semantic type and containing at least one atom from the source.
- The 'Percentage' field below is the count relative to the total number of concepts that contain an atom from that source.
- The MRSTY file contains one row for each Semantic Type assigned to each concept. All Metathesaurus concepts have at least one entry in this file.
- See Chapter 5 of the UMLS Reference Manual to read more about the Semantic Network
Last Reviewed: April 17, 2013