NLM®-produced information is not copyrighted. It is in the public domain and may be freely distributed and copied. We ask, though, that you acknowledge the National Library of Medicine® (NLM) with any use.
Some NLM Web sites include information produced by private individuals, companies, or organizations. This information may be protected by copyright law. NLM Web sites with protected information include terms or conditions associated with its use.
For more information about copyright and fair use, go to:
- NLM Copyright Information
- NLM MedlinePlus® Copyright Notice
- Patron Guide to Copyright and Historical Material
- NLM Copyright Information & Downloading National Library of Medicine Data
- Bookshelf Copyright Notice
- U.S. Copyright Office Home Page
- CENDI Frequently Asked Questions About Copyright