NLM-produced information is not copyrighted. It is information in the public domain and may be freely distributed and copied. We ask, though, that you give the National Library of Medicine® (NLM®) acknowledgement for any use.
Note that some NLM Web sites include information produced by private individuals, companies or organizations, which may be protected by copyright law. NLM Web sites with protected information include terms or conditions associated with its use.
For more information about copyright and fair use, go to:
- NLM Patron Guide to Copyright and Historical Material
- NLM Copyright Information
- Copyright Information & Downloading National Library of Medicine Data
- MedlinePlus® Copyright Notice
- NCBI Copyright and Disclaimers
- U.S. Copyright Office Home Page
- CENDI Frequently Asked Questions About Copyright