DOCLINE -- Add a Holdings Record for My Library
Question: How do I add a holdings record for my library?
To add a holdings record:
- From the DOCLINE main menu, select Serial Holdings.
- Select Update/View.
- On the Serial Holdings Update/View Search page, input either: Journal Title/Title Abbreviation, NLM Unique ID, ISSN, or OCLC Number for the serial to be added.
- Under Filters, make sure the checkbox for My Library is selected.
- Click SEARCH.
- If more than one serial title is displayed, select the appropriate bibliographic title.
- If your library has no recorded holdings for this title, the serial holdings record displays with an Add button.
- If previously reported, an ADD FORMAT button displays as well as Edit button(s) for previously reported format(s).
- Click Add or ADD FORMAT.
- Choose appropriate physical Format.
- Select Retention Policy and enter holdings information.
- if Permanently Retained, you must enter either Begin Vol. or Begin Year.
- if Limited Period Only, indicate the number of Months, Years, or Editions retained, e.g., Latest 5 Years
- Indicate how complete your holdings are in the Completeness level field.
- Indicate participation in National Print Retention program.
- Click SAVE.
Tip: To move between fields, press Tab or click in the appropriate field.
- Related Questions:
- How do I add an additional holdings record for holdings in a different physical format?
- How do I report a gap in holdings?
- How do I update a holdings record for my library?
- How do I report limited retention holdings?