DOCLINE -- Serial Holdings to OCLC Batch Update No OCLC Number Error Report
Question: What should I do with the No OCLC Number report that my library received with the last Serial Holdings to OCLC Batch Update?
- Find the appropriate bibliographic record in OCLC and add or update your holdings.
- If you cannot find the appropriate bibliographic record in OCLC, add the bibliographic record to OCLC and then add your holdings to that record.
- Find the appropriate record in LocatorPlus and look at the 997 field of the MARC record. If the 997 field indicates that NLM will not add an OCLC number, do not report this title to NLM. Otherwise, report the OCLC number to NLM via the NLM LocatorPlus Bibliographic Data Addition/Modification Form (http://www.nlm.nih.gov/tsd/serials/nlm_bib_add_mod_form.html).
- Related Questions:
- What is the Serial Holdings to OCLC Batch Update?
- DOCLINE Serial Holdings questions