DOCLINE -- Send holdings to OCLC from DOCLINE Serial Holdings
Question: If my library participates in OCLC and reports serial holdings in DOCLINE, how do I authorize NLM to send a copy of my library's holdings records to OCLC?
- Select Institutions from the DOCLINE main menu.
- Select Update (LIBID)
- On the Institution navigation bar, select Membership, then Serial Holdings.
- The Batch Update Authorization field has a drop down list of values. The default is "No Authorization Given". Select "Send Holdings to OCLC".
- Under Organization ID, "OCLC Symbol 1" field, input your OCLC Symbol.
- There should be no values in "OCLC Symbol 2" and/or "OCLC Symbol 3". Holdings will only map to one OCLC Symbol, and therefore this service should not be used by libraries who share an OCLC symbol or have multiple symbols.
- Regional DOCLINE Coordinators will provide assistance with questions on this topic.
- A listing of Regional DOCLINE Coordinators is located at the bottom of the SERHOLD Fact Sheet (http://www.nlm.nih.gov/pubs/factsheets/serhold.html).