DOCLINE -- SERHOLD to OCLC Batch Update Wrong Bibliographic Record
Question: How can I report that my library's holdings were attached to the wrong record in OCLC via the SERHOLD to OCLC batch update?
- NLM and OCLC have worked for many months in order to get the correct OCLC number in NLM's catalog, LocatorPlus, and also the NLM Unique ID into the corresponding OCLC record.
- Despite all of our work, there are bound to be a few mismatches or discrepancies where OCLC and NLM's cataloging practices disagree.
- If a change is needed to NLM's bibliographic record, you can report this by filling out the NLM LocatorPlus Bibliographic Data Addition / Modification Form and forwarding the form and the appropriate documentation to NLM.
- The form is located at: http://www.nlm.nih.gov/tsd/serials/nlm_bib_add_mod_form.html
- Regional DOCLINE Coordinators will provide assistance with questions on this topic.
- A listing of Regional DOCLINE Coordinators is located at the bottom of the SERHOLD Fact Sheet (http://www.nlm.nih.gov/pubs/factsheets/serhold.html).