DOCLINE -- Temporary Library Deactivation
Question: How do I set my Library "Out of Office" and temporarily deactivate Lending in DOCLINE?
When there is no staff available to fill Lend requests, due to vacations or similar outages, libraries can set themselves "Out of Office" in DOCLINE, which makes them "Temporarily Inactive" for lending, and prevents requests from routing to them.
To set your library "Temporarily Inactive", follow these steps:
- Select Institutions from the DOCLINE main menu.
- Select Update <LIBID> (your Library Identifier).
- Select Schedule on the institution navigation bar.
- Under "Enter date range(s) when library will be closed" type or use the calendar to input the date when requests should stop routing to your library (MM-DD-YYYY format).
- Enter the date when requests should resume routing to your library.
- Click SAVE.
The library will be deactivated immediately if the stop date is the present date. If the date is in the future, on that date (at 12:05 am) Time-Triggered Actions will automatically change the library's status "Temporarily Not Receiving Requests."
- At the end of the last active day, please receipt any new requests and process all pending requests as 'Not Filled' so they will immediately route on to the next potential lender.
- For libraries that provide Loansome Doc service, patrons can still place Loansome Doc requests while the library is inactive although patrons are warned that their requests may not be acted upon until the resume date.
- Related Questions:
- Can my Loansome Doc patrons send me requests if my DOCLINE status is temporarily inactive?
- How Does Routing Work?
- How do Time-Triggered Actions work?