DOCLINE -- Transferring a Loansome Doc Request
Question: How do I transfer a Loansome Doc request?
If you cannot fill a Loansome Doc request from your own collection, and want to turn it into an ILL request in DOCLINE, do the following:
- From the DOCLINE main menu, select Requests, then Borrow, then Loansome Doc Transfer.
- Click the Show All button to retrieve all pending Loansome Doc requests OR search by specific Loansome Doc request number or all or part of a patron name or email address, and click Search.
- Change the "Ship request to" Patron or Library as appropriate for the request(s) to be transferred.
- Click the "Transfer Request" link for the specific request to initiate the transfer.
- Complete the Routing Instructions page.
- Select an appropriate "Reason for Ordering" if you wish this information to be displayed on the receipt as your "Referral Reason".
- Review/update the information displayed on the Delivery Address screen.
- Click FINISH.
Note: Users should not reject a Loansome Doc request in Lend if it is to be transferred into DOCLINE.
- Related Questions:
- How do I ship a request to a patron but have it billed to my institution?
- Why isn't there always notification when Loansome Doc requests are filled and shipped to the patron?