DOCLINE -- Advantages of Document Delivery via the Web
Question: What are the advantages of document delivery via the Web?
DOCLINE offers two Web-based delivery methods: PDF (Portable Document Format) and TIFF (Tagged Image Format File).
- Web delivery method is recommended over email for users who have size limitations on their email system or where a slow internet connection prohibits the downloading of large email attachments.
- The requestor will receive an email message containing a hyperlink to the requested document. Documents can be viewed and printed from the referenced hyperlink without downloading email attachments.
- Related Questions:
- How are documents delivered via the Web?
- How do I view documents sent by electronic mail?
- What is NLM's preferred method of delivering articles?