FAQ: US Prescription and Over-the-Counter Drug & Medical Procedure Costs
You may find costs for medicines and medical procedures at:
- HCUP: Health Care Costs and Utilization Project from the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ)
- Hospital Compare from the U.S. Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services for hospitals' performance and cost overview
- People with Medicare & Medicaid Center
- Medicare Prescription Drug Coverage from MedlinePlus®
- Your state, regional, or metropolitan hospital association
- Your state health department
- Your state or territory Attorney General's Office
- National Association of Insurance Commissioners Map of NAIC States & Jurisdictions
- Comparison Shopping: Getting the Best Price on Your Drugs, part of a series produced by Consumers Union and Consumer Reports Best Buy Drugs.
- Hospitals, insurance companies, drug stores, and drug companies Web sites
Your local public, hospital, or university library may have other resources to help you, such as the annually printed book, Medical Fees: a comprehensive listing of UCR and Medicare fees with relative value units. Los Angeles: PMIC; 2011-date.
NLM is not responsible for the availability or content of external sites, nor does NLM endorse, warrant, or guarantee the products, services, or information described or offered at other sites.
- Where can I find information about free or discounted medical and dental care and medicines?
- How can I identify a pill?
- Where can I find information about drugs, including formulations and interactions?
- Where can I find medical statistics on a topic?