FAQ: MEDLINE/PubMed and Other Databases
- What is MEDLINE, and how do I use it to find information?
- What is PubMed?
- What is PMC (PubMed Central)?
- What is the difference between MEDLINE, PubMed, and PMC?
- How are journals selected for MEDLINE?
- What is the process for nominating journals for inclusion in MEDLINE?
- How do I find a list of the MEDLINE journal titles?
- What is the policy for MEDLINE Indexing Requirements for Electronic Journals?
- What is a versioned article cited in MEDLINE/PubMed?
- What does the phrase Selected citations only in the Indexed In field in LocatorPlus and the NLM Catalog mean?
- How do I report an error, such as my name incorrectly spelled, in a PubMed citation?
- How can I identify older medical journal articles?
- How do I find a list of Abridged Index Medicus (AIM) or Index Medicus journal titles?
- How do I find a list of current MEDLINE journals by country of publication or language?
- How do I find a list of current MEDLINE journals on a particular subject?
- What data fields are found in MEDLINE/PubMed records?
- What is the Cochrane Collaboration?
- Why does NLM still use journal title abbreviations rather than the full journal title in its citations?
Searching MEDLINE Using PubMed
- Why was PubMed's Automatic Term Mapping changed?
Can I search PubMed to find out how many times an article, author, or journal has been cited?
Are the journals in PubMed peer-reviewed? Where can I find a list of peer-reviewed/refereed journals?
I found a citation in PubMed. How can I get the full article?
How can I import citations into my reference management program?
How do I create a link to a PubMed citation?
When I am using PubMed, is there a way to tell if the journal is owned by NLM?
Why am I retrieving MEDLINE (rather than OLDMEDLINE) citations dated prior to 1966?
What does the name PubMed stand for?
- What are some basic statistics on MEDLINE?
- How many journals are indexed in MEDLINE?
- How many searches of PubMed are performed?
- How many citations are indexed each year?
- Where can I find a list of NLM databases?
- Why can't I find this NLM product (Retired Databases)?