FAQ: Free or Low-Cost Health Care and Medicine
Following are links to information about free and low-cost resources for medical & prescription assistance, dental care, and clinical trials in the US:
- Healthcare.gov Web site managed by the US Department of Health & Human Services
- Find a Health Center from the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA)
- National Institutes of Health (NIH) individual institutes and centers financial assistance pages, including the Tips for those with an Undiagnosed Condition Web site
- MedlinePlus® topic pages include disease and disorder clearinghouses or organizations that give referrals to free or discounted programs
- Veterans Administration (VA) information for inpatients and outpatients who served in the US Armed Forces and their caregivers. A list of VA Facilities by State is also available.
- Pharmaceutical Assistance Programs (search by drug name)
- Partnership for Prescription Assistance Web site
- State, Regional, and Metropolitan Hospital Associations Web sites
NLM is not a resource for information about individual health or medical insurance, opinions about coverage, or explanations of coverage. If you have insurance, please contact your insurance company about your coverage concerns or contact someone with your State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP).
If you are not in the US, consider ministries of health and health care organizations in your country.
NLM is not responsible for the availability or content of external sites, and does not endorse, warrant, or guarantee the products, services, or information described or offered at other sites.