Document Delivery/ILL -- Delivery Method
Question: What interlibrary loan delivery methods does NLM offer?
The delivery methods preferred by the National Library of Medicine's (NLM) are Web (PDF) and Email (PDF). However NLM can deliver documents via any of the following methods:
- Email (PDF): Document sent as an email attachment. PDF (Portable Document Format) is a file format that preserves the formatting of the original document. PDF documents can be viewed with Adobe Acrobat Reader, available free from Adobe.
- Web (PDF):Patron will receive an email message containing a hyperlink to the requested document. Note: Recommended for users who have a slow internet connection or size limitations imposed on their email .
- Odyssey: Document is sent via Odyssey transmission protocol. In order to receive documents by Odyssey, your institution needs to download and install Odyssey software. Information on Odyssey is available from Atlas Software.
- Fax: Document sent via fax to number listed in the borrower's Institution record.
- Mail: Document (or item)mailed to the postal address listed in the borrower's Institution record.
- Related Questions:
- Can I request a copy of a chapter from a monograph?
- Is there a limit on the number of pages per request that NLM will supply?
- Is there a limit on the number of requests that can be made from a journal?