Document Delivery/ILL -- Rejection of ILL request
Question: Why did NLM reject my ILL request?
The National Library of Medicine (NLM) may have rejected your ILL request for one of the following reasons:
- Copyright Compliance information (CCG or CCL) is not indicated
- Incomplete or incorrect citation
- Item requested is not in NLM's collection. The 'Note to Client' field on the cover sheet will indicate the reason why your request was not filled.
- Max cost is less than NLM's charge per article
- Full name of authorizing staff is not included
- Requests must be submitted via DOCLINE (if DOCLINE member)
Non-DOCLINE requests must contain complete biblographic citations; your institution's NLM assigned library identification number (LIBID); full name of authorizing staff; the maximum you are willing to pay, your required service type and required delivery method.
- Related Questions:
- How can I contact NLM's customer service staff?
- What should I do if I have not yet received an interlibrary loan request sent to NLM?
- What should I do if my document is missing pages?
- Why did NLM send me only the cover page without the requested attachment?