NLM LocatorPlus -- Authority Records -- Kinds of Authority Records
Question: What kinds of authority records will I find in LocatorPlus?
- - LocatorPlus contains over 1,451,000 authority records. These records are structured according to the MARC 21 Format for Authority Data, published by the Library of Congress at http://lcweb.loc.gov/marc/authority/ecadlist.html
- -Authority records include subject authority records, name authority records (personal, corporate, meeting, and geographic names), series 1and uniform title authority records and name/title2 authority records. Associated references and scope notes are also provided.
- 1. In the LocatorPlus retrieval, series appear twice, listed as the "series title" and "non-series title" headings. This is a Voyager peculiarity and NLM has no control over this double display.
- 2. It is current policy at NLM to only create authority records for name/title headings in very limited circumstances.
- Related Questions:
- Authority Records Questions
- LocatorPlus Questions
- Cataloging and Bibliographic Questions