FAQ: Medical Devices, Medical Supplies, & Assistive Devices
These resources will help you find information about medical devices, medical supplies, and assistive devices:
- AccessGUDID, the Global Unique Device Identification Database (GUDID) containing key device identification information submitted to the FDA about medical devices that have Unique Device Identifiers (UDI)
- MedlinePlus® Medical Device Safety topic page
- MedlinePlus Assistive Devices topic page
- MEDLINE®/PubMed® database for citations to articles using these subject headings:
- Medical Devices
- Medical Supplies
- Assistive Devices
- Find a Supplier database from Medicare.gov
- Medical Devices information from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Center for Devices and Radiological Health (CDRH), Division of Industry and Consumer Education (DICE)
- Limb Loss Resource Center from the Amputee Coalition
- Science.gov topic: Medical Devices
- Your health care provider
- A pharmacy
- A phone book or the Internet under "Home Health Care Equipment and Supplies," "Assistive Devices," "Medical Equipment and Supplies, or the specific type of item, such as "Wheelchairs"
- Your local public, hospital, or university library may have information.
NLM is not responsible for the availability or content of these external sites. NLM does not endorse, warrant, or guarantee the products, services, or information described or offered at these sites.