Medical Stock Sources: Images, Photographs, Videos, Animations, and Film Footage
We list some resources for medical stock shots, images, photographs, slides, videos, animations, and film footage that may be helpful.
US Government Medical Stock Image & Footage
Most US government images and graphics are in the public domain. Read the disclaimers on each site before use.
- Images from the History of Medicine (IHM) has more than 70,000 historical images, from the Middle Ages to the present. You can also search IHM through LocatorPlus® and the NLM Catalog.
- The NLM Visible Human Project® is a digital image library of complete, normal adult male and female anatomies.
- NCI Visuals Online is from the National Institutes of Health’s National Cancer Institute.
- Open-I is the Open Access Biomedical Images search engine. Access images in the National Library of Medicine's PMC (formerly PubMed Central) – an open archive of free full-text biomedical and life sciences journal literature.
- The National Institutes of Health's National Eye Institute provides a Photos, Images, and Videos Catalog.
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's (CDC) Public Health Image Library (PHIL) is a gateway to images at the CDC.
- The US Census Library resources include audio, video, and infographics.
FOTOSEARCH, includes LifeART
You can find more information in the book, AV Marketplace (New York: Information Today, Inc.); a library in your area may own this.
NLM is not responsible for the availability or content of non-NLM sites, nor does NLM endorse, warrant, or guarantee the products, services, or information described or offered at other sites.