NLM® Resource: WISER® 4.3 is now available
[Editor's Note: This is a reprint of an announcement published on NLM-Tox-Enviro-Health-L, an e-mail announcement list available from the NLM Division of Specialized Information Services. To subscribe to this list, please see the NLM-TOX-ENVIRO-HEALTH-L Join, Leave, or Change Options page.]
Highlights of this version include:
- New and improved user interface for WISER for Windows®
- The Known Substance and Help Identify Unknown Chemical result lists are always visible, reducing unnecessary navigation
- An enhanced data menu maintains the context of the previous selection and can be kept open for quick navigation
- Substances can now be compared directly using a synchronized data menu
- Substance tabs and new auto-arrange features allow viewing of multiple substances
- All WISER platforms include data updates based on the latest content from NLM Hazardous Substances Data Bank (HSDB), Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy (CIDRAP) for biological agents, and US Environmental Protection Agency Acute Exposure Guideline Levels (EPA AEGLs).
Please contact us if you have suggestions for additional features or for enhancing current features.
WISER (Wireless Information System for Emergency Responders) is a system designed to assist first responders in hazardous material incidents. It provides a wide range of information on hazardous substances, including substance identification support, physical characteristics, human health information, and containment and suppression advice.
NLM® Resource: WISER® 4.3 is now available. NLM Tech Bull. 2009 Sep-Oct;(370):e6.