Cataloging: Fundamentals of the NLM® Classification
Page 9 of 10
W2 and WX 2 Cuttering for the NLM Historical Collection
- W2 and WX 2 materials shelved in the NLM historical collection receive a double cutter in 060 $b for the city and the name of the institution plus a lower case workmark for the first letter of the title
- The city and institution cutters are taken from the LC cutter tables
WX 2 Example (Historical Collection)
- 110 2_ $a Mount Sinai Hospital of Greater Miami.
- 245 10 $a Annual report.
- Call number breakdown:
- WX 2 Classification number
- AF4 Table G number for Florida
- M5 LC cutter for city of Miami
- M6 LC cutter for hospital name "Mount"
- a Work mark for first title word "annual"
- 060 00 $a WX 2 AF4 $b M5M6a