If you have stained, broken or uneven teeth, cosmetic dentistry can help. Cosmetic dentistry is different from orthodontic treatment, which can straighten your teeth with braces or other devices.
Cosmetic dental procedures include
- Bleaching to make teeth whiter
- Repairing chips or rough spots with fillings that match your teeth
- Filling cavities with tooth-colored materials
- Reshaping teeth that don't match the others
- Closing gaps between teeth
- Covering broken teeth with porcelain crowns
Treatments and Therapies
- Periodontal Plastic Surgery Procedures (American Academy of Periodontology)
- Peri-Implant Diseases (American Academy of Periodontology)
- Before and After (Dental Restorations) (American College of Prosthodontists)
Journal ArticlesReferences and abstracts from MEDLINE/PubMed (National Library of Medicine)
- Article: Immediate non-occlusal loading of immediate post-extractive versus delayed placement of...
- Article: Immediate loading of post-extractive versus delayed placed single implants in...
- Article: Comparison of Parental Satisfaction with Three Tooth-Colored Full-Coronal Restorations in...
- Cosmetic Dentistry -- see more articles
Find an Expert
- American Dental Association
- Find a Periodontist (American Academy of Periodontology)
- National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research Available in Spanish
- Teens: Want a Brighter Smile? Visit the Dentist, Not the Shopping Mall (Academy of General Dentistry)
- Here Comes the Bride... and Her Teeth Are Nice and Bright (American Dental Association) - PDF