Send to E-Mail
The Send to E-mail function allows you to send search results to an e-mail address. You may e-mail up to 200 items.
Click the Steps to run the demonstration.
To e-mail search results:
1 (not shown): Select the items you wish to send. Make no selections to send all results (up to 200).
2: Select E-mail from the Send to menu.
3: Enter your preferences. You have the following options:
- Format (note that the Abstract format offers the additional option to include the MeSH, Publication Types, Grant Information and other data)
- Sort order
- Number to send
- Citation to start from (if sending in batches)
After entering your preferences, enter the e-mail address, edit the message subject line (if desired), then any additional message you wish to include.
- Step 4: Click the E-mail button.
- To send more than 200 records, send in batches using the Start from citation feature or use Send to File and e-mail the file.
- To send the e-mail to multiple recipients, send the message to yourself, then forward it.
- A default e-mail address may be stored via My NCBI User Preferences. See the My NCBI section for details.