Welcome to the PubMed Tutorial. This course is designed for new and experienced users of PubMed®, the National Library of Medicine (NLM®) journal literature search system.
Goals and Objectives
By the end of this course, you should be able to:
- Understand PubMed's scope and content.
- Understand how the Medical Subject Headings (MeSH) are used to describe and retrieve citations.
- Build a search using MeSH and PubMed search tools (Details, Filters, History, Search Builder, etc.)
- Manage your results using display, sort, the Clipboard, save, print, e-mail and order features and My NCBI filters.
- Save your search strategies.
- Link to full-text articles and other resources.
- Use special queries and other PubMed/NCBI tools.
For brief tutorials on specific topics, see also the PubMed Quick Tours
This tutorial was updated in October 2013, and reflects PubMed changes through October 21, 2013. To see a list of recent PubMed changes, go to PubMed's New/Noteworthy.
See system requirements.