NLM® Resource Update: Name Change for REMM
[Editor's Note: This is a reprint of an announcement published on NLM-Tox-Enviro-Health-L, an e-mail announcement list available from the NLM Division of Specialized Information Services. To subscribe to this list, please see the NLM-TOX-ENVIRO-HEALTH-L Join, Leave, or Change Options page.]
To make it easier for users to find its content, the National Library of Medicine® (NLM) Radiation Event Medical Management (REMM) Web portal has been renamed. The new name is Radiation Emergency Medical Management.
Searching any of these text strings will retrieve a link to the REMM homepage:
- Radiation Emergency Medical Management
- Radiation Event Medical Management
REMM homepage URL and all interior page URLs are unchanged.
REMM is produced by the US Department of Health and Human Services, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response, Office of Planning and Emergency Operations, in cooperation with the National Library of Medicine, Division of Specialized Information Services, with subject matter experts from the National Cancer Institute, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and many US and international consultants.
- Guidance for health care providers, primarily physicians, about clinical diagnosis and treatment during mass casualty radiological/nuclear (rad/nuc) events
- Just-in-time, evidence-based, usable information with sufficient background and context to make complex issues understandable to those without formal radiation medicine expertise
- Web-based information that is also downloadable in advance, so that it would be available during an event if the Internet is not accessible.
NLM® Resource Update: Name Change for REMM. NLM Tech Bull. 2010 May-Jun;(374):e6.