UMLS 2011AA Release Available
The 2011AA release of the Unified Medical Language System® (UMLS®) Knowledge Sources is available as of May 5, 2011 from the Downloads menu of the UMLS Terminology Services (UTS).
Found in the new UMLS release are:
- More than 2.4 million concepts and 8.8 million unique concept names from 160 source vocabularies; the full Metathesaurus requires 21.9 GB
- One new source
- Consumer Health Vocabulary (CHV)
- One new translation
- Polish translation of the Medical Subject Headings (MSHPOL)
- 38 updated English sources and 18 updated translation sources including MedlinePlus® Health Topics, MeSH®, MedDRA, RxNorm, and SNOMED CT® (English and Spanish)
- A new row (DOCKEY=“SRL”) in MRDOC.RRF for each source restriction level value (0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 9). Each SRL row provides a link to applicable source restriction explanations in Section 12 or Appendix 2 of the UMLS Metathesaurus License
- SPECIALIST Lexicon and Lexical Tools 2011 Releases
To access the UMLS Release files, you must have an active UMLS Metathesaurus® License and a valid UTS account. You will be prompted for your UTS username and password when downloading the files.
Additional information regarding the UMLS is available on the UMLS homepage. New users are encouraged to take the UMLS Basics Tutorial and to explore the new UMLS Quick Start Guide, training materials and other information on the New Users' homepage.
As always, the production and mailing of the UMLS DVDs occur about four weeks after the release is made available for download.
To request or cancel a DVD: Sign in to the UTS and edit your UTS profile to select or deselect the DVD option.
Source Release Documentation
2011AA Source Release Documentation Web pages will be published following the release.
Wilder V. UMLS 2011AA Release Available. NLM Tech Bull. 2011 May-Jun;(380):e3.