NLM Extramural Programs (EP)
The Extramural Programs (EP) Division of the National Library of Medicine (NLM) offers grants for research projects and research training in biomedical informatics and data science. Biomedical informatics research applies computer and information sciences to improve the use of biomedical information. Read More
- Guidance for the Repayment of Grant Funds. (NOT-OD-23-102)
- Notice of Special Interest (NOSI): Administrative Supplements to Enhance Software Tools for Open Science. (NOT-OD-23-073)
- Notice of Special Interest (NOSI): Administrative Supplements to Support Collaborations to Improve the AI/ML-Readiness of NIH-Supported Data. (NOT-OD-23-082)
- Research With Activities Related to Diversity (ReWARD) (R01 Clinical Trial Optional). (PAR-23-122)
- NIH Directors Pioneer Award Program (DP1 Clinical Trial Optional). (RFA-RM-23-004)
- Notice of Upcoming Prize Competition Announcement for the TARGETED (Targeted Genome Editor Delivery) Challenge.
- Discovery of the Genetic Basis of Childhood Cancers and of Structural Birth Defects: Gabriella Miller Kids First Pediatric Research Program (X01 Clinical Trial Not Allowed). (PAR-23-035)
- Notice of Special Interest (NOSI): Optimization of Data Storage and Utilization for the Sequence Read Archive (SRA).
- OMB Single Audit Extension for Recipients in Major Disaster Areas (Alaska, Florida, South Carolina, North Carolina, Puerto Rico). (NOT-OD-23-022)
- Notice of Special Interest: Administrative Supplements to Promote Research Continuity and Retention of NIH Mentored Career Development (K) Award Recipients and Scholars.
- Continued Extension of Certain Flexibilities for Prospective Basic Experimental Studies With Human Participants.
- Limited Competition: Environmental influences on Child Health Outcomes (ECHO) Pregnancy and Pediatric Cohort Study Sites. Clinical Trial Not Allowed (UG3/UH3). (RFA-OD-22-018)
- Limited Competition: Environmental influences on Child Health Outcomes (ECHO) Cohort Study Sites for Pediatric Follow Up. Clinical Trial Not Allowed (UG3/UH3). (RFA-OD-22-019)
- Maternal Health Research Centers of Excellence Data Innovation and Coordinating Hub/Resource Center (U24 Clinical Trial Not Allowed). (RFA-HD-23-036)
- Galvanizing Health Equity Through Novel and Diverse Educational Resources (GENDER) Research Education R25 (R25 Clinical Trial Not Allowed). (RFA-OD-22-015)
- Notice of Change to Application Due Date for RFA-RM-22-016 "Platform Clinical Trials of Genome Editors in Multiple Diseases (UG3/UH3, Clinical Trial Required". (NOT-RM-22-018)
- Harnessing Data Science for Health Discovery and Innovation in Africa (DS-I Africa): Research Education Program (UE5 Clinical Trial Not Allowed). (RFA-RM-22-022)
- Harnessing Data Science for Health Discovery and Innovation in Africa (DS-I Africa): Partnership for Innovation Research Projects (U01 Clinical Trial Not Allowed).
NLM Research Spotlight Archive PECASE Awards
Click here to view past NLM Research Spotlights
NLM Ada Lovelace Computational Health Lecture Series Archive
Click Here to view past NLM Informatics & Data Science Lectures
NLM/EP Webinar - Documents
NLM R25 Short-Term Research Education Experiences to Attract Talented Students to Biomedical Informatics/Data Science Careers and Enhance Diversity (RFA-LM-22-001) Kickoff Meeting
November 18, 2022, 10:00 AM -11:00AM Eastern Daylight Time
R25 Kickoff Slides: https://www.nlm.nih.gov/ep/documents/R25_Kickoff_Meeting_Slides.pdf
NLM T15 University-based Biomedical Informatics and Data Science Research Training Programs (RFA-LM-001) Kickoff Meeting
August 31, 2022, 2:00 PM – 4:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time
NLM conducted a virtual kickoff meeting to begin the new grant year with the purpose of updating all sites and personnel of grants management and programmatic information. Eighteen sites were represented at this meeting.
T15 Kickoff Meeting Slides: https://www.nlm.nih.gov/ep/documents/T15-2022-Kickoff-Meeting-Slides.pdf
T15 Kickoff Meeting Video: https://www.nlm.nih.gov/ep/images/T15_2022_Kickoff_Mtg.mp4
NLM R25 Short-Term Research Education Experiences to Attract Talented Students to Biomedical Informatics/Data Science Careers and Enhance Diversity (RFA-LM-22-001) Technical Assistance Webinar.
April 13, 2022, 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM, Eastern Daylight Time
NLM conducted a technical assistance webinar to review the purpose and objectives of the FOA, review application instructions, and address questions from applicants concerning the FOA.
Webinar Recording: https://www.nlm.nih.gov/ep/images/NLM-R25-Webina.mp4
Webinar Slides: https://www.nlm.nih.gov/ep/documents/NLM_R25_Webinar_Slides_2022.pdf
Webinar FAQs: https://www.nlm.nih.gov/ep/documents/R25-webinar-FAQs.pdf
- Biomedical Informatics Research Training (T15)
- Short-term Training in Biomedical Informatics Research to Enhance Diversity (R25)
- Information for Training Directors
- NIH Pathway to Independence (K99/R00)
- Ruth L. Kirschstein NRSA Individual Predoctoral Fellowships (F30/F31)
- Research Grant Supplement (Diversity)
- Research Grant Supplement (Reentry)
Last Reviewed: March 3, 2023