NLM Extramural Programs (EP)
The Extramural Programs (EP) Division of the National Library of Medicine (NLM) offers grants for research projects and research training in biomedical informatics and data science. Biomedical informatics research applies computer and information sciences to improve the use of biomedical information. Read More
- Showcase Opportunities for NIH Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) and Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) Awardees. (NOT-OD-23-019)
- Human Subjects Research: Policies, Inclusion, & Clinical Trials Free 2-Day Virtual Event with NIH & HHS Experts December 6-7, 2022. (NOT-OD-23-021)
- Notice of Future Research Opportunity Announcement for All of Us Research Participant and Partner Services Center. (NOT-PM-23-001)
- Notice of Special Interest (NOSI): Administrative Supplements to Recognize Excellence in Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Accessibility (DEIA) Mentorship. (NOT-OD-23-002)
- Notice of Special Interest (NOSI): Administrative Supplement for Research and Capacity Building Efforts Related to Bioethical Issues (Admin Supp Clinical Trial Optional). (NOT-OD-23-018)
- Urgent Competitive Revision to Existing NIH Grants and Cooperative Agreements (Urgent Supplement Clinical Trial Optional). (PA-23-044)
- Continued Extension of Certain Flexibilities for Prospective Basic Experimental Studies With Human Participants.
- Limited Competition: Environmental influences on Child Health Outcomes (ECHO) Pregnancy and Pediatric Cohort Study Sites. Clinical Trial Not Allowed (UG3/UH3). (RFA-OD-22-018)
- Limited Competition: Environmental influences on Child Health Outcomes (ECHO) Cohort Study Sites for Pediatric Follow Up. Clinical Trial Not Allowed (UG3/UH3). (RFA-OD-22-019)
- Maternal Health Research Centers of Excellence Data Innovation and Coordinating Hub/Resource Center (U24 Clinical Trial Not Allowed). (RFA-HD-23-036)
- Galvanizing Health Equity Through Novel and Diverse Educational Resources (GENDER) Research Education R25 (R25 Clinical Trial Not Allowed). (RFA-OD-22-015)
- Notice of Change to Application Due Date for RFA-RM-22-016 "Platform Clinical Trials of Genome Editors in Multiple Diseases (UG3/UH3, Clinical Trial Required". (NOT-RM-22-018)
- Harnessing Data Science for Health Discovery and Innovation in Africa (DS-I Africa): Research Education Program (UE5 Clinical Trial Not Allowed). (RFA-RM-22-022)
- Harnessing Data Science for Health Discovery and Innovation in Africa (DS-I Africa): Partnership for Innovation Research Projects (U01 Clinical Trial Not Allowed). (RFA-RM-22-023)
NLM Research Spotlight Archive PECASE Awards
Click here to view past NLM Research Spotlights
NLM Ada Lovelace Computational Health Lecture Series Archive
Click Here to view past NLM Informatics & Data Science Lectures
NLM/EP Webinar - Documents
NLM T15 University-based Biomedical Informatics and Data Science Research Training Programs (RFA-LM-001) Kickoff Meeting
August 31, 2022, 2:00 PM – 4:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time
NLM conducted a virtual kickoff meeting to begin the new grant year with the purpose of updating all sites and personnel of grants management and programmatic information. Eighteen sites were represented at this meeting.
T15 Kickoff Meeting Slides: https://www.nlm.nih.gov/ep/documents/T15-2022-Kickoff-Meeting-Slides.pdf
T15 Kickoff Meeting Video: https://www.nlm.nih.gov/ep/images/T15_2022_Kickoff_Mtg.mp4
NLM R25 Short-Term Research Education Experiences to Attract Talented Students to Biomedical Informatics/Data Science Careers and Enhance Diversity (RFA-LM-22-001) Technical Assistance Webinar.
April 13, 2022, 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM, Eastern Daylight Time
NLM conducted a technical assistance webinar to review the purpose and objectives of the FOA, review application instructions, and address questions from applicants concerning the FOA.
Webinar Recording: https://www.nlm.nih.gov/ep/images/NLM-R25-Webina.mp4
Webinar Slides: https://www.nlm.nih.gov/ep/documents/NLM_R25_Webinar_Slides_2022.pdf
Webinar FAQs: https://www.nlm.nih.gov/ep/documents/R25-webinar-FAQs.pdf
Last Reviewed: November 22, 2022