The NLM Program Management Office manages biomedical informatics and data science research and resource grant portfolio, making funding recommendations based on portfolio need. This office serves as the point of contact for extramural scientists, and ensure grants compliance to all federal, department, and NIH regulations.
Grants are available for fundamental and applied research in biomedical informatics and data science. Areas of research interest include: representation, organization and retrieval of biomedical and biological data and images; enhancement of human intellectual capacities through virtual reality, dynamic modeling, artificial intelligence, and machine learning; medical decision-making; linguistic analyses for natural language processing and understanding; informatics topics relevant to public health and informatics for disaster management.
- Visit NIH Grants & Funding
- You use the filters on the left to select specific Activity Codes and the type of Research Support you would like to find
- Visit NIH Reporter
- You can click on the pencil icon next to Search Criteria to select specific Activity Codes or other parameters you would like to filter by
- Visit NLM Program Officer List to find the program officer that best matches the scientific area of your research
- Visit NLM FY2023 Grants Funding Plan to learn more about the NLM Funding Strategy
The Future of NLM Extramural Funding
NLM R25 Training Program: Supporting a New Generation of Data Scientists
NLM is investing in AI research
Navigate the NIH grants process.
Policy and Compliance
Learn about obligations of your grant award.