PHS 2018-02 Omnibus Solicitation of the NIH, CDC, and FDA for Small Business Innovation Research Grant Applications (Parent SBIR [R43/R44] Clinical Trial Not Allowed) (PA-18-574)
PHS 2018-02 Omnibus Solicitation of the NIH, CDC, and FDA for Small Business Technology Transfer Grant Applications (Parent STTR [R41/R42] Clinical Trial Not Allowed) (PA-18-575)
The National Library of Medicine (NLM) offers support for research and development projects in biomedical informatics and data science. NLM defines biomedical informatics as the science of optimal organization, management, presentation and utilization of information relevant to medicine and biology. The informatics projects of interest to NLM involve the application of computer and information sciences to information problems in a biomedical domain. For additional information about areas of interest to NLM and a listing of NLM funded applications, please visit //www.nlm.nih.gov/ep. Business concerns interested in exploring SBIR/STTR grant opportunities with NLM are encouraged to contact the NLM representatives prior to submitting an application.
NLM’s SBIR/STTR grant programs are focused on areas of particular interest from small business. The following narrative indicates the scope of projects suitable for the SBIR/STTR program that fit within the mission of NLM. They are not listed in priority order.
• New Technologies that facilitate utilization of electronic health records systems in clinical practice and public health
• Explore the use of social media to track disease outbreaks, pandemics, or assist patients in chronic disease management
• Tools for exploring climate and environmental effects on human health
• Tools and systems for applying research data to clinical problems
• Tools for disaster information management
• Tools and approaches for integrating large heterogeneous data sets
• Human-computer interaction and data visualization of complex biomedical data for use by consumers, patients or clinicians
Dr. Jane Ye, firstname.lastname@example.org
January 5, April 5, September 5 each year
Full listing of deadlines for competing applications: //www.nlm.nih.gov/ep/Deadlines.html