PubMed® Online Training
- Changing Your Default Display Settings (My NCBI)
Be PubMed proficient. Take the PubMed Tutorial.
The following are brief animated tutorials with audio for using PubMed. Running times are rounded to the nearest minute. Click on the link to launch the tour.
See also The Basics of Medical Subject Headings (MeSH®) in MEDLINE®/PubMed® (Instructional Web site)
For additional instruction on using PubMed, see the following resources:
- PubMed for Librarians (5 part series, NLM Training Center)
- PubMed Update (24 min. video, MLA Annual Meeting Theater Presentation, May 2013)
- Branching Out: The MeSH® Vocabulary (Instructional Video)
- Search Clinic: Chemicals & Drugs in PubMed (August 2007)
- PubMed Basics (tri-fold handout in PDF)
- Searching PubMed with MeSH (tri-fold handout in PDF)
- My NCBI (tri-fold handout in PDF)
- Full Text and PubMed (tri-fold handout in PDF)
- Loansome Doc (tri-fold handout in PDF)
- U.S. National Network of Libraries of Medicine (NN/LM) Non-English Guides to PubMed
These handouts are a U.S. National Network of Libraries of Medicine (NN/LM) resource.
PubMed Instructional Resources (for Trainers)
For classes, see the NLM Training Center
Quick Tours require the Adobe Flash™ Player. They were created using Qarbon Viewlet Builder™.
PDF documents require the use of the Adobe® Acrobat® Reader, which can be downloaded from Adobe's Web site at no charge.