Visit the National Library of Medicine
- Reading Room Hours by appointment only: Monday - Friday, 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
- The Reading Room is closed on Federal holidays.
Coming to NLM
- Procedures for visitors to NIH (including REAL ID requirements)
- Directions and parking information
- Hotels Near NIH
Researching at NLM
Visiting NLM and the NIH Campus
When you visit NLM on the NIH Campus, you should follow the procedures regarding Campus Access and Security.
- Contact security at (301) 496-6010
- Inquire about lost and found items at any of the guard stations in Building 38
Making the Most of Your Visit
- Visit the NLM Welcome Page.
- Take a tour of the Library.
- Explore the Objects of Art in the National Library of Medicine.
- Take in the sights and scents of the NLM Herb Garden.
- Visit the interactive displays at the NLM Visitors Center.
- At the National Institutes of Health (NIH Map): Office of NIH History & Stetten Museum
- In Washington, D.C., visit Historic Medical Sites in the Washington, DC Area
Last Reviewed: September 13, 2022