Visit the National Library of Medicine
- Main Reading Room Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Visitors Center Hours: Monday - Friday, 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- The Reading Rooms and Visitors Center are closed on Federal holidays.
Coming to NLM
- Procedures for visitors to NIH (including REAL ID requirements)
- Directions and parking information
- Hotels Near NIH
Researching at NLM
Visiting NLM and the NIH Campus
When you visit NLM on the NIH Campus, you should follow the procedures regarding Campus Access and Security.
- Contact security at (301) 496-6010
- Inquire about lost and found items at any of the guard stations in Building 38
Making the Most of Your Visit
- At the National Institutes of Health (NIH Map): The DeWitt Stetten, Jr., Museum of Medical Research
- In Washington, D.C., visit Historic Medical Sites in the Washington, DC Area
Last Reviewed: February 6, 2019