NLM Building Facilities
The National Library of Medicine (NLM) welcomes visitors to its facilities in Buildings 38 and 38A on the National Institutes of Health (NIH) Campus. See Visitors Center and Tours and Accessibility at NLM for more information about visiting the library.
Lister Hill Center (LHC) Auditorium
The LHC Auditorium is located on the first level of Building 38A. It is available for NIH-sponsored meetings and seats 176 people.
- Conference Information: (301) 496-5389
- Registration Desk: (301) 496-4062
- The Lister Hill Center Auditorium Guide includes information about:
- General Information
- Guide to Services
- Housekeeping Announcements
- Lodging and Transportation
- Recommended Caterers
- Additional Information:
Public telephones are located in the Library and Lister Hill Center:
- Building 38 (Library):
- Main Lobby of Library (Building 38)
- B1 level adjacent to north entrance (Building 38)
- Building 38A (Lister Hill Center):
- Visitors Center in Lister Hill Center (Building 38A)
There is an NIH telephone located in the Main Lobby of Building 38. The NLM Reading Rooms do not have a paging system for incoming calls.
NLM has one cafeteria located on the B1 Level of the Lister Hill Center (Building 38A). The hours are 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. The phone number is (301) 496-3697. See Dining Centers for the complete list of cafeterias on the NIH Campus.
There are vending machines in the canteen on the B1 level of the Library (Building 38) next to the north entrance.
Food and beverages may be consumed only in the cafeteria or the canteen.
- Contact the security guards at (301) 496-6010
- Inquire about lost and found items at any of the guard stations in Building 38
The NIH is a smoke-free campus. See A Tabacco-Free NIH for more information.