Search Tools - Suggested Answer for Exercise 1
This is a suggested answer. Your approach, as well as the number of results retrieved, may vary.
Use the MeSH Database to build a strategy that will find citations to references discussing the economics of community-acquired pneumonia.
- : Select the MeSH Database, type pneumonia in the search box and click Search.
- : Click on the Pneumonia term link to see the Full display for this term.
- : Click in the check box next to the economics subheading. Click Add to search builder.
- : Type in the next concept/term for your strategy, community-acquired, to search the MeSH Database to see if this concept is a MeSH heading.
- : Read the scope note or definition for the term, Community-Acquired Infections. Because it seems appropriate for this search, click the term link to see the Full display for this term.
- : Click in the check box next to the economics subheading to select that subheading. Select Add to search builder.
- : Now you see the complete strategy you built within PubMed's MeSH Database. Click the Search PubMed button below the PubMed search builder to send the strategy to PubMed.
Last Reviewed: October 29, 2019