Search Tools - Suggested Answer for Exercise 1
This is a suggested answer. Your approach, as well as the number of results retrieved, may vary.
Use the MeSH Database to build a strategy that will find citations to references discussing the economics of community-acquired pneumonia.
- : Select the MeSH Database, type pneumonia in the search box and click Search.
- : Click on the Pneumonia term link to see the Full display for this term.
- : Click in the check box next to the economics subheading. Click Add to search builder.
- : Type in the next concept/term for your strategy, community-acquired, to search the MeSH Database to see if this concept is a MeSH heading.
- : Read the scope note or definition for the term, Community-Acquired Infections. Because it seems appropriate for this search, click the term link to see the Full display for this term.
- : Click in the check box next to the economics subheading to select that subheading. Select Add to search builder.
- : Now you see the complete strategy you built within PubMed's MeSH Database. Click the Search PubMed button below the PubMed search builder to send the strategy to PubMed.
The video illustrates the directions that are on this page.
This video can be seen directly at http://www.nlm.nih.gov/bsd/disted/pubmedtutorial/videos/020_620.mp4
Last Reviewed: May 25, 2017