List of All Journals Cited in PubMed®
Approximately 43,000 records are included in the PubMed journal lists which are updated daily and include all MEDLINE® titles as well as OLDMEDLINE and other non-MEDLINE titles in PubMed. The PubMed journal lists cover the entire span of MEDLINE, not just currently indexed journals.
A few notes about PubMed journal lists:
- The lists contain the same data but in different formats.
- The records are not in alphabetical order.
- The JrId is a sequential identifier number.
- There are some gaps as records are deleted, so the bottom JrId number does not equal the total number of records in the file.
- Full titles contain initial articles which may affect use of these data for searching and filing purposes.
- The NlmId is the accession number for the journal record in Voyager, NLM Integrated Library System.
- ISO Abbreviations are constructed at NLM to assist NCBI in linking from GenBank to PubMed.
- Sample Entry:
- JrId: 596
- JournalTitle: Annals of internal medicine.
- MedAbbr: Ann Intern Med
- ISSN (Print): 0003-4819
- ISSN (Online): 1539-3704
- IsoAbbr: Ann. Intern. Med.
- NlmId: 0372351
See Number of Titles Currently Indexed for Index Medicus® and MEDLINE on PubMed. See more journals information on the MEDLINE/PubMed Resources Guide.