Document Type Definitions (DTDs) for NLM Databases
The purpose of a DTD (Document Type Definition) is to define the building blocks of an XML document. It defines the document structure with a list of allowable elements. Below are the DTDs that define NLM XML data.
- pubmed_190101.dtd (01/01/19) For use with 2019, 2020 and 2021 PubMed data.
- 2022 MeSH Descriptor DTD - used for MeSH Vocabulary, companion database to MEDLINE/PubMed
- 2022 MeSH Qualifier DTD
- 2022 MeSH SCR DTD
- 2022 MeSH Pharmacological Action DTD
- 2023 MeSH Descriptor DTD
- 2023 MeSH Qualifier DTD
- 2023 MeSH SCR DTD
- 2023 MeSH Pharmacological Action DTD
- Please note: The 2022 DTD files are to be used with 2022 production MeSH and 2023 DTDs are to be used with 2023 production MeSH.
For more information, see the Download MeSH Data page.
NLM Catalog DTD:
|Current (2021)||Forthcoming (2022)|
List of Serials Indexed for Online Users (LSIOU)
- NLM CCRIS DTD (02/26/04)
- NLM ChemIDplus Subset DTD (04/28/05)
- NLM GENE-TOX DTD (02/11/02)
- NLM HSDB® DTD (04/12/04)
- NLM LactMed DTD (03/27/15)
Last Reviewed: January 31, 2023