Document Type Definitions (DTDs) for NLM Databases
The purpose of a DTD (Document Type Definition) is to define the building blocks of an XML document. It defines the document structure with a list of allowable elements. Below are the DTDs that define NLM XML data.
- pubmed_190101.dtd (01/01/19)
- 2019 MeSH Descriptor DTD - used for MeSH Vocabulary, companion database to MEDLINE/PubMed
- 2019 MeSH Qualifier DTD
- 2019 MeSH SCR DTD
- 2019 MeSH Pharmacological Action DTD
- Please note: The 2019 DTD files below are to be used with 2019 production MeSH. No structural changes have been made from the 2018 DTD files
For more information, see the Download MeSH Data page.
NLM Catalog DTD:
- NLMCatalogRecordSet DTD (01/01/18)