Document Type Definitions (DTDs) for NLM Databases
The purpose of a DTD (Document Type Definition) is to define the building blocks of an XML document. It defines the document structure with a list of allowable elements. Below are the DTDs that define NLM XML data.
- pubmed_180601.dtd (06/01/18)
- 2018 MeSH Descriptor DTD - used for MeSH Vocabulary, companion database to MEDLINE/PubMed
- 2018 MeSH Qualifier DTD
- 2018 MeSH SCR DTD
- Please note: The 2019 DTD files below are to be used with 2019 production MeSH. No structural changes have been made from the 2018 DTD files
- 2019 MeSH Descriptor DTD - used for MeSH Vocabulary, companion database to MEDLINE/PubMed
- 2019 MeSH Qualifier DTD
- 2019 MeSH SCR DTD
For more information, see the Download MeSH Data page.
NLM Catalog DTD:
- NLMCatalogRecordSet DTD (01/01/18)