Grants & Funding
- Research Support Grants
For investigator-initiated research and development projects in biomedical informatics and health information sciences.
- Research Contracts
Support for informatics research announced periodically through Requests for Proposals and Broad Agency Announcements.
- Infrastructure Improvements and Information Management Support
Resource grants to improve the dissemination, management and use of biomedical information.
- Small Business Innovation and Technology Research Grants
For small businesses to increase private sector commercialization of technology developed through Federal research and development.
- Grants for Scholarly Works in Biomedicine and Health
Small grants, for up to three years, to provide short-term assistance for the preparation of book-length manuscripts about information of value to U.S. health professionals.
- Career Development Support
Early career development award for informatics and loan repayment program.
- Individual Fellowships for Informatics Training
- Informatics Training at NLM’s University Training Sites
- NLM Library Associate Fellowship Program
- Medical Informatics Training at the Lister Hill National Center for Biomedical Communications
Support for Outreach Initiatives to Improve Access and Eliminate Health Disparities
- Regional Funding Opportunities through the National Network of Libraries of Medicine
- Partners in Information Access for the Public Health Workforce
- AIDS Community Outreach Projects
- Outreach & Special Populations