Air Drying Procedures:
- Insert freezer paper between the covers and the text block of each book to prevent the covers from staining the pages.
- Place thin, absorbent interleaving between sections or pages. Do not over-stress the bindings with excess freezer paper or insert freezer paper deep into the gutter.
- Small books with rigid covers can be stood upright and fanned open.
- Invert books every 8-12 hours to prevent damage to the covers or sewing and to promote even drying.
- Oversize, books, or items with weak covers should be placed flat and opened as far as possible without breaking the spine; support covers with blocks at a partial opening if the item cannot lay flat.
- Interleave with absorbent material; change opening and interleaving as pages dry or as the interleaving becomes wet.