Medical Subject Headings
2017 DailyMed/RxNorm Jamboree Workshop
NLM’s 5th annual Jamboree will take place Tuesday, September 19, 2017 at Lister Hill Auditorium on the NLM campus in Bethesda, MD. Speakers from the Federal government, industry, pharmacy standards groups, and others will present.
The emphasis as always is on practical and novel ways to use and understand this free drug information, which is produced and consumed by a number of Federal agencies.
Please reserve the day in your calendar. Registration is required, and seating is limited. While the proceedings will be webcast and archived, in-person attendance offers greater opportunity to exchange ideas, questions and insights with your peers.
When: Tuesday, September 19, 2017. 9:00 AM to 4:30 PM EST.
Where: Lister Hill Auditorium, National Library of Medicine, 8600 Rockville Pike, NIH Building 38A, 1st Floor, Bethesda, Maryland 20894
Web Access: https://videocast.nih.gov/. Look for the orange "Click to Watch" button when the event goes live.
- Helpful Web sites with maps of the NIH campus and entry gates can be found at these links:
- All visitors must enter through the NIH Gateway Center. You will be asked to submit to a vehicle or personal inspection. Visitors over 15 years of age must provide a form of government-issued ID such as a driver's license or passport. Visitors under 16 years of age must be accompanied by an adult.
- The following items are not allowed on the NIH campus – firearms, explosives, archery equipment, dangerous weapons, knives with blades over 2 ½ inches, alcoholic beverages and open containers of alcohol. If the visitor brings any of these items to the NIH, they will either dispose of the item (throw it away) or keep the item, but not allow it on campus.
- NIH offers visitor parking areas in parking lots, garages, and metered spaces throughout the campus. All visitor parking areas are paid areas, charged at the following rates:
- Garages and Lots: $2.00 for the first hour, $4.00 for the second hour, and $6.00 for the third hours. Any time exceeding 3 hours, will be charged the daily rate of $12.00.
- Metered Parking Spaces: $2.00 per hour.
- Driving directions to NIH:
- The Lister Hill Center is a walkable 300 yards from the Medical Center stop on Metro’s Red Line. A free shuttle also takes guests from Metro to the front entrance of Lister Hill Center:
- Individuals with disabilities who need reasonable accommodation to participate may contact NLM Customer Service, or the Federal Relay (1-800-877-8339). Lister Hill Center is wheelchair-accessible.
- Lunch will be available for purchase in the cafeteria. No food or beverage is allowed in the auditorium.
- For more information contact:
- Tammy Powell
- Health Program Specialist RxNorm
- Contact DailyMed