NLM Classification Updated, April 28, 2016
April 28, 2016
The online National Library of Medicine Classification, available at https://www.nlm.nih.gov/class/, has been issued in a newly revised edition as of April 28, 2016.
Summary Statistics for the 2016 NLM Classification
- 58 class numbers added
- 2 schedule outline headers added
- 292 class number captions or notes modified; indentation levels changed; schedule headers revised
- 8 class numbers canceled
- 142 index main headings added (44 from 2016 MeSH)
- 595 index entries modified
- 78 index headings deleted
Contact NLM for further information, questions, or comments.
Since its founding in 1836, the National Library of Medicine https://www.nlm.nih.gov has played a pivotal role in translating biomedical research into practice and is a leader in information innovation. NLM is the world's largest medical library, and millions of scientists, health professionals and the public around the world use NLM services every day.