NLM Classification Updated, April 30, 2015
The online National Library of Medicine Classification, available at //www.nlm.nih.gov/class/, has been issued in a newly revised edition as of April 30, 2015.
Summary Statistics for the 2015 NLM Classification
- 75 class numbers added
- 132 class number captions or notes modified; indentation levels changed; schedule headers revised
- 3 class numbers canceled
- Table G numbers (Geographic notation):
- 1 caption modified: GS3—Scandinavia was changed to Scandinavia and Nordic Countries
- 131 index main headings added (23 from 2015 MeSH)
- 459 index entries modified
- 43 index headings deleted
Contact NLM for further information, questions, or comments.
Since its founding in 1836, the National Library of Medicine https://www.nlm.nih.gov has played a pivotal role in translating biomedical research into practice and is a leader in information innovation. NLM is the world's largest medical library, and millions of scientists, health professionals and the public around the world use NLM services every day.